Monday, February 3, 2014

The Power of One

It's been awhile since I've blogged here on my personal site - Facebook seems to get all my thoughts these days. But these thoughts are a little longer than a normal status, yet I couldn't leave them unsaid.

Yesterday, we visited a local thrift store. Browsing the aisles, I discovered an old album I used to own and thought briefly about buying it. But I passed it by, not wanting to "splurge" on an impulse. (Kicking myself now.)

I came home, watched the game, chilled for awhile, and got ready for bed - that album still on my mind. I asked Tim if he'd ever heard the title song, which had always been one of my favorites even though it wasn't a mega-hit like so many others by this artist. Tim had not heard the song, so I pulled it up on YouTube on my Kindle, and discovered something I didn't know.

Before I share more, watch and listen.



This is the one song - out of HUNDREDS - that Barry Manilow wants to be remembered by.

One Voice. I was an impressionable 16 when this album first released, and this particular song has had a deep impact my entire life. The more I thought about this last night, the more I realized that's exactly what we try to emphasize with Write Integrity and Pix-N-Pens. One voice - one author - one story - even one word - can make such a huge difference in the lives of others.

Thank you, Barry Manilow.


3 comments:

Paulette Harris said...

I love Barry and this song. It fits exactly. Could this be a theme song?
For Mara? We have all done beautifully together and I'm so proud to be a part of this loving group of authors. A Dozen Apologies is knit together by Jesus Himself with colors of love throughout.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs from Me! :)

Betty Thomason Owens said...

Sometimes we forget how important our words are and the sharing of our hearts in that one moment can so impact the lives of others, for good…or for bad. Thanks for the timely word, Tracy. I needed to hear it today.

Jennifer said...

Love Barry and this song also. I did name my firstborn "Mandy."

Grace Lessons and My Word for 2024

Each December, for many years, the Lord gave me a “word” for the new year. The last couple of years, I sought words, but they never came. Th...