As I wound down the year, I reflected on the busy-ness of 2011. We accomplished a great deal - enough that our lives are no longer considered "boring" by my kids!
Each year I pray for the Lord to give me a word for the coming year. For 2011, He gave me the word CELEBRATE. It was a difficult year in many ways, but through it all, we continued to celebrate HIM. Some of the things we achieved this year , through His guidance and favor, include:
- Completed 10 classes for school. I was actually surprised I'd finished that many - and lived to tell about it.
- Started two publishing companies that published three books this year, and we're already hard at work on the next five to be released during the first half of 2012.
- Wrote one short script, a mystery novella, over a dozen short stories and essays, articles, press releases, marketing materials, and worked on two other novels.
- Was interviewed over a dozen times, in person, by phone, and by email.
- Participated in the Citizen's Police Academy.
- Rang the bell for the Salvation Army.
Lots more, but that's enough to celebrate, don't you think?
My Word for 2012
When I prayed for a new word, the Lord gave me the word HOPE.
As I prayed about this word, God made it clear that the word isn't for me to HOPE for things, but to give HOPE to those who lack it. I'm normally quite the hermit, because my job allows me to stay home most of the time. But being out every day during the Christmas season, I experienced something new and heartbreaking. The world is filled with people who seem to have no hope. Why is that?
But the bigger question for me this year - what can I do about it?
Can you give someone hope this year?