Friday, July 22, 2011

Writing Difficult Scenes

I'm finishing up a short script that is my final project for the screenwriting class I've been taking all summer. I've just hit the most difficult scene in the whole movie - a painful scene - and I wasn't sure how it should be done.

I asked my writer's loop (ACFW) for their help, and several writers responded with beautiful testimonies of how they handled similar situations in real life.

Then I began writing the scene. I got through the hardest part, tears streaming down my face, and then began writing some dialogue for a secondary character. But he seemed to take over and I ended up writing in an idea I'd never heard of, or thought of, to help my character. I know the idea was inspired by God.

How cool is that? Now I'm going to write an article about that topic - maybe the idea will help real people, too.

How do you handle writing difficult scenes?

No comments:

Grace Lessons and My Word for 2024

Each December, for many years, the Lord gave me a “word” for the new year. The last couple of years, I sought words, but they never came. Th...