Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Now Available for Consultations


Daily, I receive e-mails requesting help in all aspects of the publishing industry. While I try to help as much as I can, I also need to provide income for our family, so I offer a few hours each month for mentoring and consultations. I keep my prices low and my schedule flexible to fit your needs.

Some of the areas I can help you with include:

Manuscripts

  • I can provide an overall assessment of your manuscript (just pointing out your manuscript's strengths and weaknesses) or I can perform various edits, depending on your needs.
  • I can guide you through the process of crafting a proposal, pitch, and marketing plan.
  • I can work with you outlining chapters, overcoming writer's block, or chapter-by-chapter or scene-by-scene help as needed.
  • I love brainstorming sessions, and will be happy to help you in this regard. There's a reason I earned the nickname "Idea Queen" from writers, friends, and even family!

Self-Publishing

  • I can walk you step-by-step through publishing your first book. 
  • I can help with formatting, marketing advice, marketability.
  • I can offer guidance on cover issues, including design, back cover blurb, etc.

Marketing
  • I can help you build a step-by-step marketing plan to promote your work. 
  • I can guide you through the process of social networking.
  • I also offer basic set-up of blogs and Facebook pages, if needed.

Starting Your Own Publishing Company

  • I can walk you step-by-step through setting up your own publishing company.
  • I can help you work through the options and choices for print and digital formats, finding the best option for your business.

If you are interested in hiring me as your consultant or mentor for general knowledge or for a specific project, send me an e-mail and we'll get started. I am available by e-mail or by phone, whichever you prefer. I can customize a specific plan of action based on your scheduling needs and on your budget, so let's get started today!


No comments:

Grace Lessons and My Word for 2024

Each December, for many years, the Lord gave me a “word” for the new year. The last couple of years, I sought words, but they never came. Th...