Friday, November 9, 2012

Thanksgiving # 9

This year has been especially sweet for me, because of the subject of this post.

Thanksgiving # 9: FRIENDS



I won't point out who's who in our group photo above, but yes, friends this year have stuck by me through thick and thin. We've laughed together, cried together, pulled out our hair together, and most importantly, prayed together and for one another.

Facebook has allowed me the opportunity to meet new people who have become near and dear to my heart. It has also allowed me to connect with friends from my childhood, and be part of their lives now. I love that. (It's also fascinating to watch my old life connect with my new life through comments and prayers too - when it first started happening, it sort of stripped my mental gears, but now, it just makes me happy to see friends from different lives connect.)

Facebook has also given me a connection to a group called The Treasured Woman Network. This group of prayer warriors has been a huge support to me this year, and I appreciate each and every one.

School has given me the opportunity to meet people all over the world with similar educational goals. And a couple of classmates have become near and dear friends ~ ladies who enrich my life on a daily basis with their humor, intelligence, and determination. (And a shared cup of virtual coffee most mornings!)

Work has given me a special connection with our authors. Getting to know each one, learning personalities, dreams, work ethic, goals is awesome, but it's getting to know their hearts that is so special to me. Our authors are loving, kind, generous, fun, passionate, and each one has a vision that expands my own. I'm honored to know each one of them not only as one of our authors, but also as my friend.

I've already shared Thanksgiving posts about my best friend - my husband - and about my kids - but there's one immediate family member I haven't mentioned yet. And she fits into this Friend post very nicely.

I got Abby from the pound when she was 11 months old, and she's now 11.5 years old. Some days, she still acts and plays like a puppy - other days are a bit harder and she's finding it more difficult to get around. But she remains loyal and sweet and stubborn - when she wants me to quit work and sit with her on the sofa, just for a rest, she won't take no for an answer.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thinking through and giving thanks for my friends, furry and not so. Blessings.

Grace Lessons and My Word for 2024

Each December, for many years, the Lord gave me a “word” for the new year. The last couple of years, I sought words, but they never came. Th...